College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

"Wolverining"

+9 HS
Buck911's picture
January 4, 2018 at 7:59am
44 Comments

After watching UM go limp in the “Cock Bowl”, I was reminded of how common it is for them to fail.

I think if you look at their full body of work, and I can only give a few examples, but Michigan is truly synonymous for “creative losing”, “epic failures”, “choking” etc, there should be a term for them like “Clemsoning”.  Maybe “Wolverining”?

Here are some examples of their celebrated fails, off the top of my head, not really doing any research, I’m sure there will be many additions.

1973... The 10-10 tie that they can’t get over, they failed to convert on two field goals at the end of the game. Their own damn fault, get over it.

1984... they crowned the weakest NCAA Champion of all time by failing to beat a mediocre BYU.

Now for the good stuff…

1993... Timeout...I know this is not football, just too significant to not include...

1994... Hail (Mary) to the victor…

2005... Rose Bowl…that got away…

2007... There’s an App for that…

2013... Poetic Justice...

2015... WTF...

2018 Just couldn’t keep it up for 3 hours, went soft and couldn’t finish...how disappointing.

Sure they win most of the games they are supposed to win, but on the biggest stage, they will not just disappoint, but embarrass themselves…

They validate the old adage: “More games are lost then are won”, they snatch defeat from the jaws of victory better than any team in organized sports.

Bottom line: Their constant creative losses are becoming a bad reflection on us, sure we can beat them, but so does everybody else…including themselves.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 44 Comments