Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

OSU vs. Maryland - Is it unrealistic to hope that Urban coaches Ohio State for the next 30 years?

+4 HS
Large Father's picture
November 10, 2016 at 9:14pm
22 Comments

Tressels, Fickells and Urbans,

Is it unrealistic to hope that Urban coaches Ohio State for the next 30 years?  

My first grade son just assumes that the Buckeyes will contend for the national championship every single season.  It's all he knows.

I try to explain that it's not normal to lose a defensive coordinator to a Big Ten head coaching position and fill the opening with Greg Schiano.  

Also, it's very odd to have a junior QB who finished 5th in the Heisman...and yet the top QB recruits in the country lineup to commit to Ohio State.

It's strange to have a junior safety leave early for the NFL and the player behind him from the same recruiting class is actually even better.

It's atypical to have two of the best defensive assistant coaches in the country - Larry Johnson and Luke Fickell - who probably will stay at Ohio State and coach the Silver Bullets under Urban.

During offseason periods when the team cannot practice, every school does not have someone like Mickey Mariotti building the players physicality and resiliency better than any other program in the country. 

Other coaches have not focused the team culture through mantras such as Nine Strong and E+R=O.

...and all of this is from a coach who is a Buckeye through-and-through.

I really do wish Urban would coach Ohio State for the next 30 years...but - for now - I'm going to let time slow down and just enjoy the next 3 games.

Touchdowns:  Demario McCall, Demario McCall, KJ Hill, Curtis Samuel, Noah Brown, Dontre, Malik Hooker

OSU 49 Maryland 7

Go Bucks!  Beat Maryland!  Dante Booker for Heisman! 

Gordo Padre

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 22 Comments