Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Will JT Barrett return for his senior year?

+3 HS
smartone29's picture
October 25, 2016 at 10:04am
205 Comments

Barrett says he's approaching his career like he'll be in Columbus through the 2017 season—"I don't feel like I'm going anywhere, I'm not worried about it"

In this SI write up by Pete Thamel (LINK: http://www.campusrush.com/jt-barrett-ohio-state-buckeyes-football-2005737144.html), it sounds almost as if it is a forgone conclusion that Barrett would have returned for his 5th year at tOSU, regardless of this season's result. I do wonder what would happen if tOSU would have gone 15-0 en route to a Natty with JT winning the Heisman. At that point, the thought becomes, "What else do I have left to accomplish (outside of ruining enemies, of course)." But alas, undefeated is no longer the option for this season. Even if tOSU does make the CFP and welcome Mr. Jalen Hurts to the biggest stage of his life with a signature Rushmen party in the backfield, it will not be perfection, something which I think we can assume that JT longs for.

So that brings me to the question, no matter how this season ends, will JT Barrett delay QB-geddon II until 2018? Personally, I still think it's a multi-faceted answer, with lots of moving parts. But even if we win the Natty this year, I think JT comes back. He is unlike any tOSU player that I can remember in this regard (which isn't much, first real memory of tOSU was '01 victory over TTUN).

So what do you think? Is it a forgone conclusion that JT will return next year? Or do you think it depends on what he accomplishes?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 205 Comments