Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Binjimen Victor Spotting

0 HS
BocaBuckeye's picture
March 7, 2016 at 9:52am
56 Comments

I live in South Florida and all of my football buddies decided to join a competitive men's flag football team. The league started about 3 weeks ago and every roster is filled with ex-college and current high school standouts. Our team, for example, has 2 former Miami Hurricanes, a receiver from Central Michigan and our safety is Matt Elam out of University of Florida and current Baltimore Raven. Before every game, I take a look at the other team warming up to see if I can recognize any real players out there. This week I saw this tall lanky receiver snagging balls out of the air with ease. I knew for a fact it was Victor from Coconut Creek. Naturally, he was one of the captains headed for the coin-flip so we shook hands and I gave him an "O-H!" he responded with a huge smile and an "I-O!" During the course of the game, you could tell he was not going 100% and for good reason, his glory days are ahead of him and for most of us, our glory days are drifting behind the horizon. But as the game became very close and ultra-competitive in the 4th quarter, that's when the real players come out to play. You could tell Benjimin was about to do something special. He took over the game. One play in particular, I was lined up as the corner guarding him and we were in our base Cover 3 look and I played a little tighter knowing I couldn't let him open up his stride and fly by me. He got inside leverage on me and ran a crisp skinny post into the near hash of the field, the quarterback led him way to high and way to far over to our safety in the middle of the field, he made an absolute disgusting adjustment and move on the ball and straight stole it from Matt Elam (an NFL safety). If it wasn't flag football and me barely touching him to grab a flag didn't count, he was absolutely off to the races. For such a big, lanky kid, he has outstanding body control and an ability to highpoint any ball in his range. My whole family is at the game and we are all huge Buckeyes so naturally my dad goes over to him after the game and wishes him the best when he gets to Columbus and offered up a couple good places to eat when he gets there (lol). All in all, Buckeye Football is getting a great football player but I think an even better young man!!!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 56 Comments