Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Braxton Miller Rushing Schemes

0 HS
thunderhawks51's picture
November 14, 2015 at 3:52pm
21 Comments

I'm very happy with our victory today. The defense dominated, and the offense ground out some good yardage against a solid front 7. We're going to get everyone's best shot, and we've stepped up to the challenge every time.

I come out saying that first so that it may be known that I am happy with our season but not yet satisfied. There's been one large inconsistency this year that has been bugging me. Every time we hand the ball off to Braxton, or even Jalin really, he's met by someone in the backfield. The initial reaction is going to be that we need to have him throw the ball to get more people out of the box. I think it's a combination of that and poor perimeter blocking. Either way, I don't understand how we keep going back to that play with seemingly no adjustments made. 

Is this only meant to be play to keep people honest on the edge, poor execution, poor scheming, or poor timing on the play call? What's your opinion? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 21 Comments