Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

OPEN APOLOGY TO OHIO STATE PLAYERS, COACHES AND STAFF

0 HS
loverbuck's picture
October 6, 2015 at 4:19pm
41 Comments

Having seen this tweet:

To the fans who genuinely love us thank you for the support. For those who continue to bash us harshly, we love you too. #GoBucks
— Darron Lee (@DLeeMG8) October 4, 2015

and then watching the Billy Price 10/5/15 interview on 11warriors wherein Billy Price stated he read something on 11warriors, I offer an apology to the Ohio State players, coaches and staff.

To the Players:

We appreciate the effort, the dedication, the commitment and sacrifice you make all while being a full time student and full time athlete.  You are incredible representatives of The Ohio State University and I am honored to watch you as you compete to achieve the goals YOU have set for yourselves.

I apologize to any players on the receiving end of bashing and/or innapropriate comments made by alleged "fans."  There is NOTHING you can do on a football field that will lead me to call you names, boo, or assume I could do better than you can.   We, the fans, are merely along for the ride, cheering and supporting you as you compete to achieve the goals YOU have set for yourselves. Please enjoy every minute of your college experience, as these will be some of the greatest experiences and moments in your life.  I wish my college experience would have lasted forever.

Trust your coaches- be ALL IN, ALL THE TIME- they have a plan for you on and off the field.  Pay no attention to the haters, the doubters, the critics or the know it all's.  Some people have a character flaw - wherein they believe they know more than the experts, they have all the answers, they can never be wrong. Disregard them, believe in yourself no matter what anyone says.

I pray for your safety and success on and off the field of play. I am Loverbuck- I love women and Buckeye's and I apologize for any crap you have to endure from alleged "fans" as you strive to attain the goals YOU have set for yourselves.

To Urban Meyer and the Ohio State Coaches:

I appreciate the work you do on the field, in the classroom, in the community and in preparing these young men for life after football. The Ohio State University has the best staff in all of college football and we, the fans, are blessed to be able to watch the fruits of your labor when they play on the field.

I will not second guess any of the decisions this staff makes regarding football, as the undefeated season in 2012, the National Championship in 2014, the 43-3 overall record and the current 18 game win streak have EARNED you the respect and right not to be second guessed.  I will not dare to exhibit the audacity to assume I know more about football, and this team, than the staff does.

If Urban Meyer names Tommy Schutt the starting quarterback for the remainder of the season, I will not question your decision one iota, I will presume he's one hell of a quarterback and the best option you have to succeed. I apologize to the Coaches for comments and tweets random internet "fans" post wherein they have all the answers and know more than you do about,. . . apparently. . .everything.

Continue your excellent work coaches and disregard the blowhards, jack wagons and asshats, they are but a small and tiny segment of Buckeye Nation.  Remember, its not the critic. . . GO BUCKS.

THE MAN IN THE ARENA

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 41 Comments