Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Do any of you guys that lived through the Cooper years still exhibit symptoms like I do?

0 HS
Gobucks2204's picture
October 5, 2015 at 10:33pm
131 Comments

I lived through the Cooper years, where a tie was the greatest win. I saw all the hot tub and Big Bear commercials. I saw Shawn Springs slip, and Biakabatuka run wild. I saw Boston get flipped upside down. I watched them try and run Greg Fry on option runs (or was that The Bruce era? It's still murky). I saw our staff run to the opposite side of Orlando Pace to try and be tricky. 

It was so miserable that when they finally beat TTUN and hoisted Cooper up on their shoulders that I wept tears of joy. I do not believe that I escaped through the Cooper years without acquiring some emotional damage. 

My symptomology is that no matter who our opponent is I feel that we could always lose. I am never confident going into the TTUN or bowl games because of Cooper's ineptitude in bowl games and against TTUN. I feel that no matter how high we are ranked and no matter how low TTUN is ranked that I am worried we might lose. I am nervous no matter how much we are winning until just about the final snap. I always feel we are on the edge of blowing each game. The only time I was relaxed during a game was the Wisconsin game when we were up 38-0 at the half. I was actually chilled out in the second half.

I think I healed some during the Tressel years but I still carry all those fears that the rug could be pulled at any moment. For those of you who also lived through the Cooper era, do you still exhibit symptoms and what are they? 

Also, what can we do to have complete healing and be restored after all those years of tribulation?

I still love the Buckeyes and will follow them as long as I'm on this earth, but I feel I could enjoy the games more if I was relaxed and confident that our team will persevere. Will I ever get that confidence back? Or is this something I just have to live with?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 131 Comments