Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The post-practice screed Meyer unleashed Wednesday — 

0 HS
ToTheHouse's picture
October 3, 2015 at 12:25pm
12 Comments

“If you hear about something, fix it! ’Cause if I fix it, it’s bad [stuff]! It’s lockers cleaned out, moms and dads crying!”

At parents-association orientations in spring, Meyer mixes all the collaboration with a monocratic message along the lines of, “Don’t call me. Don’t tell me how to coach. If you think you can coach, send me your résumé.”

Said Stacy Elliott, Eze's Father, “Coach Meyer is a very, very compassionate person, so when you get to know him, his bluntness does not affect you the same."

"OSU football is a culture at a rarefied intersection of victory and humanity yet a culture still fragile because, well, it’s a culture."

Maybe the essence of this Ohio State culture of bluntness and camaraderie got its best description from conditioning coach Mickey Marotti, who finds the No. 1 Buckeyes’ closeness “unique” to the point of “almost eerie."

Maybe the essence is best described by a sophomore linebacker.

“I don’t know one fight we’ve had internally that has separated us,” Darron Lee said this week in the locker room two hours before a practice leading up to the Big Ten opener at Indiana. “I can’t think of a major issue we’ve had among each other since we got here. Here, for some reason, that human nature is just nonexistent.”

Just a few takes from Chuck Culpepper of the Washington Post: better yet read for yourself...

http://wapo.st/1Rlvjii "Ohio State, galvanized by obstacles last year, faces a different chemistry test."

UFM Culture brought us: 2 12-0 consecutive seasons - this one is far from completed; brought victory(s) over multiple 015 underdog adversities
producing just a B1GC, CFPC, & NC ! We're 1 W away from 4-0 all because of UFREAK'NMEYER, go Bucks, pound the Ind. Hoo-cares-etts !

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 12 Comments