Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Thoughts from my first game ever at the Shoe.

0 HS
Daniel's picture
September 27, 2015 at 5:51pm
32 Comments

This is my first Forum Topic ever….so if I screw something up, please be gentle.

My wife and I went to our first game ever at the Shoe for the Western Michigan game. Simply put, we had a great time and I’m already making plans to return next year.

Top 5 things I liked, in no particular order.  I’m sounding like a recruit now.

1. The WHAC.  The Woody is a really great place.  To be able to take your picture with the National Championship trophy was really cool.  The video on demand room is awesome.  It’s so loud, it vibrates.  A staff member asked us if we wanted to see the weight room, and of course we said yes.  We knew we had a unique opportunity that most people don’t get to do.  The team had just finished lunch (this was Friday) and we were able to look down on the weight room and see the countdown clock to the game with TTUN.  BTW, the team had BBQ and we scarfed a few leftover cookies on the way out.

2. The Skull Session.  The team came in for a few minutes and Urban spoke.  The band was really, really good, and they performed their pre-game and halftime songs.  Their precision movements were really amazing to watch.  Lots of practice to make that look effortless.

3. Hearing Carmen Ohio sung at the Shoe.  That song never gets old.

4. The overall great fans in our section.  Besides a couple people who couldn’t put a sentence together without using the “F” word, and a college guy and girl who needed to get a room, everyone else in our little world got along very well.  Some nice people there.

5. Just being in the Shoe.  It’s huge, and has so much history.

Top 5 things I didn’t like.

Nothing.

If you’re a lifelong fan, you need to go to a game at the Shoe.  Make the pilgrimage to the mecca of college football.  Start saving some money now, or take a look at your kid’s college fund and take a little from there.  Your kids will never know the difference.

Either way, you just got to go.

Go Bucks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 32 Comments