Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

With all the negativity lately lets talk positive...lets talk defense.

0 HS
PoopOnMichigan13's picture
September 22, 2015 at 8:40pm
32 Comments

So obviously everyone is dwelling on all thats wrong with OSU at the moment. I wanted to focus on whats good. Our defense is currently ranked 5th overall behind Boston College, NC State, Kent St. and Missouri.

Interestingly we ranked a suprisingly low 42nd in third down conversions. All this tells me is just how dominant our D can be. If they arent great in 3rd downs but still rank 5th overall thats a great sign. On the other hand we give up an average of only 3.31 yds per play which is obviously a good sign.

Our scoring defense is ranked 14th. Tied for 13th in interceptions. Tied for 4th in sacks. Our first down defense is 14th. Rushing D is 28th. Passing D is 5th.

I would love to hear what you guys think.

Note: Many teams have higher rankings in a lot of categories because of weak opponents. A lot of teams will drop whereas we have plenty of room to move up in a number of areas. Plus our offense has put the D in some very bad situations yet still rank so high.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 32 Comments