Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Are the Bucks advertising what they are going to do offensively by the personnel they have on the field?

0 HS
D-Day0043's picture
September 22, 2015 at 11:18am
19 Comments

I started thinking about the offense, and it occurred to me that they only seem to pound the middle with Zeke.

Samuel, Marshall, and Wilson, set the edge, but rarely carry up the gut. Of course size plays a roll in this, but if the holes are getting clogged, then a small, slippery guy may have some success up the gut as well.

The only other guys they pound the ball with are Dunn and Ball, and we only see them in garbage time.

So far, we all know what Braxton is going to do when he is behind center, although he did throw a 3 yard pop pass against NIU.

On option plays, the defense knows CJ isnt an east-west runner.

Overall, I think the offense needs to do a better job of disguising what they are going to do, and use some of these guys as decoys more. Secondly, they are going to have to put some trust into Dunn and allow him to take some meaningful snaps, or maybe he is just so far in the doghouse the coaches simply don't trust him. If so, then I hope Webb can step up and be the guy to spell Zeke when he comes back.

As far as the passing game is concerned, I can see where the loss of Noah Brown is really effecting the team. They seem to be picking at the edges with the passing game and not attacking the middle of the field on intermediate routes. The offensive line hasn't done great, so they are having to leave a back in to block, which takes away a dump off if the quarterback gets in trouble. Michael Thomas has the toughness to go over the middle, but I don't remember them calling one slant or crossing route for him against NIU.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on the offensive personnel and scheme?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 19 Comments