Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

ESPN/ABC Dropped OSU NIU Coverage mid 4Q on Directv

0 HS
AZVO's picture
September 21, 2015 at 5:27pm
42 Comments

I hate it when my TV provider or the sports producers mess with providing TV coverage of our games.

Last Saturday about mid 4Q as I was anxiously watching the game, all of a sudden on DirecTv on ESPN the screen went blank and I got a message that the game was blacked out in my region (Arizona).  Howl !!!

Fortunately I was able to go to their sports mix channel with the small boxes covering 8 sporting events and a New York station was playing the game in that small frame.  But of course if I wanted to watch the rest of the game they wanted to charge me an astronomical fee to watch those remaining 6 minutes.  

The Athletic Dept should pounce on the bastar**s and insist that they not do that.  DirecTV says it is an ABC/ESPN problem.  The game was advertised as being on ABC/ESPN, the game was on the DirecTv schedule, I was able to watch most of the game, but with my heart pounding and the game teetring,,,,,,,  I really really hated them dropping it at the last minute.

Anyone else have this problem?  Any recommendations on whose ear I should shove this in?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 42 Comments