Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Even better than Art Schlichter...OSU vs. Northern Illinois

0 HS
Large Father's picture
September 16, 2015 at 8:55pm
21 Comments

Tressels, Fickells and Urbans,

Even my eldest son who isn't really into football enjoyed last Saturday...

...and early this morning my youngest son who is really into Ohio State football asked "What is the name of that song that the players sing at the end of the game?" 

Last weekend was our first game all together in Ohio Stadium.  Each of the kiddos has been to a Buckeye football game with me, but we've never all gone down to a game as a family.  

On Sunday morning, on the car ride to church, we talked about my first game with my dad.  Jake remembered that the score was Ohio State 70 - Northwestern 6 that day in 1981.  And, then he recounted that Ohio State won by more points for his first game -- Ohio State 66 Kent State 0 last season during their championship run.

We also talked about throwing the football outside of the Horseshoe with Charlie and Max.  The kids liked when Mr. Palmer threw the football really high and they rushed under it.    

We did NOT talk about Ohio State "only" winning 38-0 over Hawaii.  We didn't complain about the offensive line, fumbled snaps, penalties or QB controversies.    

...I like our memories from the game last weekend....and I know the kids do, too.

And, those thoughts will linger much longer than a blip against Hawaii that was still a dominant shutout victory.

...in fact, even this morning, my youngest son woke up thinking about Carmen Ohio trying to remember all the words for the next game.   

Touchdowns:  Zeke, Zeke, Braxton, Jalin, Curtis Samuel, Nick Vannett, Mike Thomas

OSU 52 Northern Illinois 10

Go Bucks!  Beat Northern Illinois!  Josh Perry for Heisman! 

Flabby Pappy

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 21 Comments