Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

"Harbz"?!? Not very originial, is it?

0 HS
buckeye phi's picture
March 1, 2015 at 9:21pm
37 Comments

As an admitted college football junkie, I'll sometimes go snooping around to find out what our competition may be up to.  I recently stumbled across an article about ttun's projected three-deep line-up.  It was pretty much what I'd expected - not too impressive.

What stood out to me was that in the comments section, some contributors were referring to Harbaugh as "Harbz" or "Harbs".  Since many of us at 11W have been saying "Urbz" or "Urbs" when referring to our beloved coach for quite some time,  it kind of jumped out at me as particularly unoriginal.

Of course, putting a "z" or an "s" at the end of a given syllable of a name is not new by any means.  I'm not suggesting we invented it.  But there are other ways to convey a sense of fondness and/or familiarity.  If the situation was reversed and Harbaugh had preceeded Urbz by three years at ttun, I can't imagine referring to our coach in such a similar way.

Anyway, it kind of bugged me.  Or - am I being too picky? -

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 37 Comments