Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Oregon Wanted Vernon Adams Over Braxton

0 HS
rcdunn1010's picture
February 23, 2015 at 10:52pm
42 Comments

I don't know if anybody else caught this but apparently Oregon went full throttle after Vernon Adams and prioritized him well over Braxton Miller.  I get that Adams has put up good numbers and overall I think he will be fairly successful at Oregon, but at the end of the day he is an FCS QB.  Personally, If I am choosing between an FCS QB who played only one FBS level opponent last year (Washington) and the two time Big Ten player of the year (who runs an offense very similar to Oregon's and who has finished very high in Heisman Trophy voting AND who likely at least looked into a transfer) then I at least gauge the latter's interest.  That said I am glad that they didn't and that we have Braxton but I do think it's interesting that they didn't even talk to anyone else, just went straight after Adams.

Per Bruce Feldman of Fox Sports:

Adams’ decision came down to Oregon or staying at Eastern Washington. Texas tried to recruit him but came in too late in the process, he said. Adams talked to UCLA and considered taking a visit there the week after he visited Oregon, but opted not to after thinking more about his situation. He said he had no idea what Miller might do, and that “Oregon told me straight up that they were coming after me and, if they didn’t get me, then maybe they go after him, but they said they were coming after me first.

Full article here 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 42 Comments