Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Is this formation/play possible?

0 HS
Tpeezy1's picture
January 17, 2015 at 3:28pm
16 Comments

Picture this: Pistol formation with JT at QB, Zeke behind him, Braxton lined up wide left, with Jalin on his inner right side and a little behind him. Michael Thomas lined up far right. It would look like this:

the play

So the order would be: 

Braxton, Jalin, then the line with JT & Zeke behind, then Vannett and Thomas on the wide right.

The idea is that JT drops back and passes it to Braxton (like the little quick passes he threw to the side so well all season), then it becomes a flea-flicker/triple option of sorts. Braxton can then run, hand off or pitch to Jalin, or drop back and hit Jalin/Vannett/Zeke/Thomas across the field. You also have the option from the get-go of just handing it to Zeke or throwing it to Thomas on the right side of the field, or brax/jalin downfield. You can even throw it to Jalin and have him drop back and pass or just interchange he and Braxton's roles. 

Sub out Zeke for Samuel to keep him fresh, and rotate in Dontre, Corey Smith, Johnnie Dixon, Jeff Greene, etc. on pretty much either side of the field to keep the whole offense fresh. Most likely Dontre/Jalin/Braxton rotating on the left and everybody else on the right. Sub in Cardale if you want to just fake the throw to braxton and have him throw the deep ball, or drop back JT as another variable and simply have Braxton and company run regular routes.

Combine that with a play action w/ Zeke, or even an option right with Corey Smith (hell yeah) and Vannett blocking in the same formation and I think it would be the most dangerous play of all time.

I'm not much of an X's and O's guy but I am a bit of a dreamer... Although I think this is viable. And I legitamately believe that if this formation was perfected, it could not be stopped by any defense.

Please add critique, make fun of me, make adjustments, or whatever you feel necessary. I'm not sure how much this says about my academic accomplishments, but I think I have more pride in this idea than I do in my comm. degree from the University of Toledo.... Although that doesn't say much. Go Bucks.

Side note: in this ideal, JT is our starter, Cardale is our deep ball/short yardage guy/and Brax is our variable that keeps defensive coordinators up at night.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 16 Comments