Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Major family/Buckeye dilemma...advice needed

0 HS
avail31678's picture
December 22, 2014 at 5:10pm
92 Comments

My wife just called me to tell me she saw "probably a Buckeye football player" at Kroger, with my daughters (ages 4, 7, 9).  Our Kroger is by Olentangy high school so I SPECULATED it was Joshua Perry.  After a little back and forth, and me texting her a pic of Joshua, she confirmed it was him.

So here's the problem: My 7 year old, close enough to Joshua that he might have heard, kept saying "Go Alabama!" over and over.  Now my daughter is normally a huge Buckeye fan - even went so far as to say "Wow, dad, that coach looks frustrated" while watching Nick Saban during the Mississippi State game earlier this year.  She pulled this stunt for no other reason than to be silly or for attention.

How do I handle this, fellow 11Wers?  No food for a week?  Pull out all her toe nails?  Or do I steer towards more positive reinforcement, such as making her watch the entire 2010 Rose Bowl, or some other great Buckeye game?

I welcome all suggestions, especially the funny ones.  I will tell her that her fate lies in the suggestion that receives the most up votes - have fun with it!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 92 Comments