Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

2015 Defensive Coordinator

0 HS
OneToughNut25's picture
December 2, 2014 at 2:20pm
15 Comments

I have never been a fire Fickell guy.  I will continue not to be that guy either, but I can't help and entertain, the mere thought of, Bo Pelini becoming the DC next year.  I have never understood the Co-DC title and see it as to many cooks in the kitchen situation.  It's interesting to see what teams like Auburn and A&M are doing to position themselves to maybe bring in Muschamp as their DC (by firing their current DC's).  Malzahn and Muschamp heading up both sides of the ball in Auburn seems like a recipe for success.

With Herman, more than likely, out the door.  Pelini would be able to fill the void left by Herman in recruiting Texas.  He could give the D a more pissed off mentality, which is what I think is lacking from current leadership on that side of the ball.  I think Fickell and Ash are very good at what they do respectively, but I see Pelini as an upgrade and someone that can be that centralized leader for the defense.  

I realize this is, somewhat, beating a dead horse and wishful thinking, but I gather UFM is the type to constantly want to upgrade areas where he can and this would be one.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 15 Comments