Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Community question for staff intervention/regulation about redundant topics

0 HS
1stYrBuckIClub's picture
November 13, 2014 at 1:10am
82 Comments

Ladies and gents, 

I've been a member here at 11W for about 2 & 1/2 years, and reading topics/posts for around 4 years total. I understand that because of 11W popularity certain things will inevitably change, some for the better and some for the worse. So I have a question/proposal to ask of all of the frequent members. 

I (as I'm sure many of you have) noticed that new forum topics have increased. My question is, should there be a requirement for posting a new forum topic? I believe I've read no less than 20 forum topics on the Braxton/JT controversy for next year. As a born and bred Buckeye, I know nothing good can come this year of a potential controversy next year. Distractions are bad, the end. The evening of the MSU/OSU game, I couldn't find a relevant forum post to save my life. It was like a new one was coming up every 10 minutes. One poster noted his (very relevant, informative) post existed 21 minutes on the recent posts page before 5 irrelevant posts displaced his. 

Should 11W impose a 'minimum helmet stickers' requirement for a new post (say 500 or 1000 stickers)? Should there be a monthly maximum (say, no more than 5 posts from one poster per 30 day period)? I think we can make this the best fan-driven blog and show we have the best damn fans in the land. What say you? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 82 Comments