Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Virginia Tech Losing Helps Ohio State

0 HS
Silver Bullet 10's picture
October 17, 2014 at 10:24am
85 Comments

Forgive me for yet another Virginia Tech thread, but believe me when I say that the recent VT struggles are helping Ohio State's image in the eyes of the playoff committee. The key, IMO, to having our loss overlooked is to have it appear to a be as big of a fluke as possible.

What do I mean by fluke? I mean we want to leave zero doubt that we are the better football team today. That's the key to having the loss overlooked. Think about it, if VT was ranked 19th today, they'd be viewed as a good team. A good team that beat us. We'd be overrated in the eyes of the committee. Yet again, Ohio State would have the "lose to every ranked team we play card" against us. The strength of a football team is measured against good competition. Therefore, we do not want VT to be viewed as good competition. That would only raise concerns for Ohio State if we were to be theoretically placed in the playoff. Eliminate the doubt. Eliminate VT being used as a measuring stick for our team. Keep sucking, VT.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 85 Comments