Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

Ohio State Makes Top 16 for Five-Star 2025 Guard Darryn Peterson

Josh Poloha's picture
September 23, 2023 at 3:11pm
8 Comments

The No. 2 overall prospect in the 2025 class, Darryn Peterson (No. 1 shooting guard) included Ohio State in his top 16 schools on Saturday.

When the 6-foot-5, 195-pound guard received an offer from Ohio State in August 2021, it was a moment he won't forget.

“I was excited as ever because that’s my hometown. So I loved that one,” Peterson told Eleven Warriors. “And I knew some people there; Malaki Branham, Meechie (Johnson), I knew those guys. So those were big homies for me. … (The coaches) talk to my dad more than me. The relationship’s there. I love those guys.”

A top target for Ohio State in 2025, Chris Holtmann and three of his assistant coaches were all present to watch the No. 2 overall player in the 2025 class play at the Adidas 3SSB event in Rock Hill, South Carolina in June.

In two seasons at CVCA, Peterson earned Division II All-Ohio and All-Northeast Inland District honors for both seasons, including being named the PAC-7 and Division II Northeast Inland District Player of the Year and a finalist for the Ohio Mr. Basketball Award.

This summer, Peterson helped lead the United States Under 16 boys basketball team to a gold medal at the FIBA Americas championship.

Prior to transferring to Huntington Prep (West Virginia) from Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy this summer, Peterson's .9995 247Sports' composite rating would have made him the second-best Ohio prospect in the modern recruiting era, behind only LeBron James (1.000 in 2003).

At Huntington Prep. Peterson will team up with 2024 four-star forward Jordan McCullum and three-star forward Dillon Tingler.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 8 Comments