Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

This Week's Question: If You Could Change the Result of One March Madness Game OSU Didn't Play In, Which Would You Choose?

George Eisner's picture
March 20, 2023 at 8:01am
32 Comments

Happy Monday, Eleven Warriors!

One of the most exciting opening weekends of March Madness ever is in the books. Two one seeds are already out, one by hand of a 16-seed, and there have been a litany of other upsets all over everyone's bracket. As fate would have it, perennial Big Ten supervillain Tom Izzo once again appears to be the last man from the Midwest standing at the Big Dance.

With several teams having their postseason dreams cut short over the last few days, I offer up this consideration for This Week's Question: If You Could Change the Result of One March Madness Game OSU Didn't Play In, Which Would You Choose?

Put on your Time Squad caps normally reserved for Ramzy and consider how the game you pick may have affected the trajectory of Ohio State's performance in the NCAA Tournament.

My immediate choice would be the West Virginia vs. Kentucky game from March Madness 2011, when Ohio State was the number one overall seed. If the Wildcats lose to the Mountaineers in the second round of 2011, Sullinger and company would likely take UK's spot in the Final Four with only UConn and Butler in the way of a title. No heartbreaking OSU/UK game that year also erases all my angry memories of Kentucky hillbilly big man Josh Harrelson getting away with several in-game felonies against Sully.

But what about you? Which March Madness game that didn't include Ohio State would you change the result of if you could?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 32 Comments