Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

Rebounding Rebounding Rebounding

+8 HS
PaperHandsMan's picture
January 24, 2023 at 9:10pm
18 Comments

A team can cover up a lot of flaws if they can out-rebound their opponent. Unfortunately our squad gets dominated on the boards more often than not. The illini out-rebounded us 44-30 tonight. Smh. Every time we tried to make a run, we gave up a rebound that gave Illinois second chance points and comeback surges were squashed before they got started.

I’ve witnessed more mediocre Michigan State teams make the Final 4 than should be logically possible. Nameless, faceless Spartan teams that couldn’t shoot, couldn’t score, couldn’t out-athlete anybody… but they could rebound rebound rebound! Izzo teams are tough & pound the glass. That makes you a tough out for anybody. I wish that more than anything for this team. I don’t care about shooting percentage, or any weird efficiency stat. Just rebound the freaking ball! Clean up on the defensive boards, & outwork your opponent on the offensive glass. If you out-rebound your opponents you will win more often than not regardless of anything else happening on the court.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 18 Comments