Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

How Are NCAA Start Times Determined?

-5 HS
PaperHandsMan's picture
March 19, 2021 at 7:13am
29 Comments

How in the heck is Florida / VaTech tipping off before us?

Competitive advantage is supposed to be awarded to the better ranked team in every scenario, in every sport, every time. Yet Ohio State is often made an exception to this rule.

The 2-seed should ALWAYS tip-off before the 7 / 10 game100 times out of 100. There should be no mix-ups or confusions, no excuses... this is the first day of the tournament! 

Preferential treatment is always awarded to the higher ranked team. It’s  done this way for a reason.. Half the point of playing so well all season is to be rewarded with a better draw and benefit from small advantages such as these in a tournament setting. 

I was furious when I saw the  7 / 10 game tipping at noon in our region, while we wait to go on after them at 3 PM. This allows the winner of UF / VT to be resting and scouting us as we go into battle after they are done for the day. I don’t want to dive into conspiracy theories but it sure seems tOSU gets the raw end of a lot of these deals.. How does the 7 / 10 matchup get preferred treatment and extra prep/scout time over the 2 seed?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 29 Comments