Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

My 3 Gripes

+4 HS
PaperHandsMan's picture
March 14, 2021 at 8:30pm
91 Comments

Preface my 3 gripes by saying I love this basketball team, and I’m still picking the Buckeyes to win it all in my office pool. Regardless of any short-comings I point out below, because there is no perfect team and these are the couple areas I’d like to see improvement that could put OSU over the top:

1. More minutes for Zed Key... Big Zed is the only C we have in our lineup and he should be playing starter/impact minutes at the #5 position. Especially against brutal big men.

2. Duane Washington should be our lead guard at end of game/half/possession situations, not CJ Walker... If a shot needs jacked up within the next 9 seconds, inbound it to Duane.. atleast we know he’ll get a shot up.

3. Get EJ out from under the rim. Liddell is a lot of things, but he’s not a 5... and certainly has no future beyond this playing 5. Camp Liddell needs to be on Holtmann to develop EJ as a Forward at Ohio State, not a Center. Because nobody is looking for a 6’7” big man at the professional level: and EJ Liddell is versatile enough to evolve as a wing defender instead of being pigeon-holed as someone who must guard the opposing big man every night.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 91 Comments