Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

NCAA Tournament Seeding Floor and Ceiling

+7 HS
BigMoney's picture
February 17, 2020 at 3:32pm
92 Comments

At this current moment, thanks to the teams recent rebound, most NCAA tournament projections have Ohio State as a 6 or 7 seed. Most of the statistical rankings have the team ranked well above what the human polls do:

• Ken Pom - 9th
  • ESPN's BPI - 11th
  • NCAA's NET - 18th

Those statistical rankings have me feeling somewhat optimistic for the chance of the team being able to improve to a 3 or 4 seed, and potentially getting advantageous placement in the bracket with first round games in Cleveland.

When it comes to projecting this teams seeding, my thoughts are:

• Best Case2 Seed playing in Cleveland for the first weekend. This happen if the team finishes out 22-9 / 12-8 (going 5-1 in the remaining 6 games), then making it to the Big Ten Tournament Finals and possibly winning.
  • Worst Case - 10 Seed playing on the West Coast for the first weekend. This would happen if the team finishes out 19-12 / 9-11 (going 2-4 in the remaining 6 games), then getting bounced early in the BTT.
  • My Prediction - 4/5 Seed going 21-10 / 11-9, with a run to at least the BTT Semifinals.

What do you all think are best and worse case scenarios for NCAA seeding? Am I too optimistic with my prediction?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 92 Comments