1. The Buckeyes have had more assists than their opponents in all of their 5 most recent wins.
2. They are averaging 14.8 assists a game in those 5 wins.
3. Maybe to the surpise of some of our fanbase, they have had more assists than turnovers in all 5 wins except for the Purdue game today (14 assists, 16 turnovers).
4. In those 5 wins, CJ Walker has 23 assists and 5 turnovers.
5. In the last 4 games (3-1), all of the Buckeyes' opponents are ranked in the Top 20 in the country in defensive efficiency.
6. Iowa is 113th in the country in defensive efficiency.
7. The Buckeyes are 12-3 against teams with defenses outside of the Top 50. Those 3 losses are against Indiana (#54) and Minnesota twice (#61).
8. The Buckeyes scored more than 70 pts in each one of those 12 wins.
9. That's the good news. The bad news: Iowa has the #1 most efficient offense in the Big 10 and #4 in the country.
10. The 2nd best offense in the Big 10 and #21 in the country is Penn State. They put up 90 pts on the Buckeyes in Happy Valley.
So my keys to victory at Iowa on Thursday: 1. More assists than turnovers. 2. More assists than Iowa. 3. CJ takes care of the ball. 4. Keep the game in the 60s or 70s.
Tall order on the road, but maybe the Bucks can pull it off.