Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

OSU Basketball vs Rutgers Experience

+4 HS
ApollosGYRO's picture
February 13, 2020 at 8:06am
70 Comments

First off, The Schottenstein Center is a beautiful venue from top to bottom. I don't think it gets much better than what we have. I haven't been much since my college days but it is such a beautiful arena!

The game: Well for starters the weather was snow and rain which made for a fun travel experience and more traffic than usual but what can you do. We rolled up into the nose bleeds at mid court and right after tip off notice that the stadium is at best 60% full. The upper bowl is barely peppered with fans and the lower bowl/student section had multiple cavities.

The atmosphere didn't get loud at all until we blew a 20 point lead and almost the game in the final minute. I get it that it was Rutgers in bad weather and on a Wednesday but I couldn't help but shake my head at how empty the arena was. After the game I checked how much tickets are for lower bowl and upper bowl against Purdue this Saturday start at $6 for upper bowl and lower bowl starts at $44. Prices I thought weren't that bad. Parking was $10 and they shuttle you to the arena for free.

I don't know how we pack The Schott but last night was pretty embarrassing seeing how few fans showed up.

What do you guys think would help get attendance numbers up?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 70 Comments