Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

The 2015 BB Exodus - Then and Now.

+5 HS
BuckShotGinn's picture
December 26, 2019 at 2:17pm
29 Comments

(SO DYING HERE FOR THE GAME ON SATURDAY TO BE PLAYED, I DON"T WANT TO DISCUSS THAT ANYMORE, SO SWITCHING GEARS)

What a difference 4 years make.

Daniel Giddens, Austin Grandstaff, Mickey Mitchell, AJ Harris;  Jaquan Lyle - all highly regarded recruits and transfers suddenly burning their bridges as Buckeyes all en masse.

At the time, it seemed like a ton of potential talent was leaving Columbus.  It also left us gasping for air as far as depth for several seasons.  

It's amazing that out of these 5, only Jaquan has seen a modicum of success at New Mexico State.  The rest have either fizzled or never were as talented as we thought to begin with , averaging less than mediocre numbers at much smaller schools.(let me know if I'm wrong about this) 

Anyway, aside from the Ayers and O'Brien scandals , this seemed to be the darkest period of basketball in recent memory.  Seeing where the program is today makes me all the more appreciative of where we are under coach Holtmann and looking forward to a great season and hopefully deep tournament run!

(P.S. - IT'S A GREAT TIME TO BE A BUCKEYE!  )

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 29 Comments