Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

Future of Jae'Sean Tate

+7 HS
MacG91's picture
January 24, 2018 at 10:17am
31 Comments

Jae'Sean maybe my favorite OSU hoops player since Aaron Craft locked down the courts of Columbus. As many of you remember, after Crafts eligibility was up on the hardwood, people thought he had a chance to excel on the football field. I think similar could be said of Tate if he were to give it a shot. We know that Tate's NBA potential is very limited due to his lack of size and 3pt capability but could make decent money over seas, he could also make even more money as an UDFA on an NFL team.  He has ideal football size at 6'4 with a strong frame that allows him to put on the necessary weight he would need to be an NFL player. People may think he would be a good linebacker or DE but that takes years of learning pass rush moves and reading offenses correctly. I think Tate's potential is at Tight End, whether he tries to play a year at OSU (not sure what the rules on that are) or if he tries what Jimmy Graham and Antonio Gates did, and just show up as a prospect. Tate has an incredible work ethic, to which leads me to believe he has a good chance of being successful if he ever tries this route, his injury history however makes me worry his body might not hold up. What're your thoughts on Tate or others who you think could do something similar?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 31 Comments