Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

OSU Men's Basketball Titles = Tied with Purdue for Most : is This Correct?

0 HS
ZeroDimension's picture
November 27, 2017 at 9:35am
10 Comments

Im still getting over the Butler collapse... Actually I muted the TV up 15 and started surving the web... serves me right...   Actually after watching that game... I realized this team is going to be better than I thought... It is an NIT team.  NCAA is still a big stretch.... 

But to make myself feel better I went back and started looking at OSU big ten championships... <mostly because the people I know are football fans only and do not realize how good OSU basketball is all time>

By my unofficial Count OSU has 20 Big ten reg. season titles, 22 if you count the 2 that were vacated.  

We have 4 big ten tournament titles, 5 if you count the one that was vacated.

Total big ten titles = 24 which is equal to Purdue for the most.   27 counting vacated....  

Doing research is fun.. but then you can realize we might be the only big ten team in football or basketball to vacate titles...  I really hope that is wrong... Don't want to become Vacated U. 

I really did the research to annoy my football only friends... to remind them that OSU is on Top of the Big ten in Basketball... all time... but not in football... 

Any help appreciated... 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 10 Comments