Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

Thoughts on OSU-Mass Lowell game

0 HS
halfmile78's picture
November 15, 2014 at 7:43am
10 Comments

Ok. Me and my brother drove down to C-bus to watch game since it wasn't on tv. (Thanks big ten network). Scalped a couple of tickets, good seats, even with the basket about twelve rows up. My observations: Russell is smooth and is a scorer. Easily the best freshman I've seen play at OSU for awhile. Amir Williams appears to be (not) playing himself out of a starting role. The kid just appears disinterested. Lee is 10 times the player Williams could ever hope to be. Williams pretty much spent the whole second half on the pine. Sam Thompson appeared to be much improved, and much more aggressive finding his shot. I thought he played really well. Shannon Scott forced things at times, but wasn't blatant about it. Played decent I thought. I was impressed with Kam Williams. Mohawk dude can shoot and has some hops. Guy definitely earned his playing time. The other freshmen played ok I guess, nothing to write home about. The OSU press looked like it was designed to slow down the other teams offense, not a trapping, force turnovers type of press. That being said, this team has major issues with rebounding, and got beat inside at times by a much smaller opponent. Overall, a good first game, something to build on, but I'm not sure this is a sweet sixteen team. I could very well be wrong about that, and I realize only time will tell if I'm right or wrong.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 10 Comments