College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Destiny Rankings Week 12

+1 HS
Brutus's Hat's picture
November 20, 2022 at 9:00am
23 Comments

Rankings based on who controls their own destiny. Not too many major changes since last week, but Tennessee's loss give's a bit more clarity. We are down to 9 teams with any shot of making the playoffs with 2 weeks to go. Several of these teams play each other and we should see a pretty clear picture emerge.

Total Destiny (>99%):

• Georgia
  • Ohio State
  • TCU
  • Michigan

No surprises or changes here.

Strong Chance (75-95%):

Listed in order

• LSU (94%)
  • USC (86%)
  • Clemson (78%)

There's a Chance (25-50%):

• Oregon (40%)
  • Kansas State (26%)

TCU and Michigan hung on. Michigan I believe could have afforded a loss and still made it if they win next week, but it's moot. TCU has a mere 41% chance of winning out, and Michigan only 28%. Lock in 2 spots for Georgia/B1G Champ, and next in line is TCU with 0 losses. The last spot would likely go to USC if Georgia wins out. If LSU wins out, I expect Georgia and LSU to make it. If TCU slips, which is more likely than not, the pick I said a while back is very much alive - Clemson. I know they are trash but they will have more respect than a 1-loss TCU that scrapes by every week. I could see Ohio State with 1-loss edging out both teams (ND common opponent to Clemson) if they lose in a reasonable fashion. Michigan probably could make a case if they keep it close on the road as well. Clemson is not a lock to win out - they face a South Carolina rival who just came off a shellacking of Tennessee. Are the Gamecocks for real or will they have a letdown game with two important games in back to back weeks?

My personal prediction of what is the most likely to happen - two Big Ten teams make the playoffs! Albeit it will be 2 Big Ten teams from 2025.

1. Georgia (13-0)
  2. Ohio State (13-0)
  3. Clemson (12-1)
  4. Michigan (11-1)
  5. Oregon (11-2)
  6. USC (11-2)
  7. Tennessee (10-2)
  8. Kansas State (11-2)
  9. TCU (12-1) (loses to Kansas State)
  10. Penn State (10-2)

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 23 Comments