College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Notre Dame Football Future Re: Joining a Conference?

+3 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture
December 30, 2020 at 9:05am
50 Comments

I looked around the interweb but didn't see anything definitive, I presume ND being part of the ACC is just for 2020 to be able to play a full schedule and that even though they tend to feature ACC games regularly over the last several years (along with their slate of a service academy, Stanford, USC and the like) they'll return to independent status next season.

But I'm wondering if anyone has any feeling as to whether or not being in a conference this season has given them any reason to rethink their approach, and if so would they be a lock to join the ACC?

Seems like if they decided to join a conference the B1G Ten would be their best bet from a geographical standpoint? 

Let's face it, the annual Pac-12 showdowns really have no more value of late than playing a B1G Ten slate of games (USC or Iowa? Stanford or Northwestern?) and with Covid not seemingly disappearing decreasing their travel across the country probably would be to their benefit moving forward.

If Notre Dame did decide that joining a conference permanently would be to their benefit, I for one would welcome them to the B1G Ten without question. It would be great to have another high profile game as often as they could be on the Buckeye's schedule, it would be great to whip Brian Kelly's ass as often as possible, the recruiting battles would be fun to watch.

What say you?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 50 Comments