College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Veterans and Football Players

+10 HS
americanpilot1's picture
November 26, 2020 at 2:32pm
25 Comments

We all are going through difficult times making sacrifices in the way we live because of concerns surrounding this pandemic.

You think about teams having to live in the bubble. You remember your college days and all the social aspects of that time of your life. You think about family gatherings on holidays and it brings back multitudes of memories.

These athletes have been asked to practice self discipline and stay safe for not only themselves but for their teammates and to achieve the goals and aspirations of the team.

Being a former Marine I look back on my deployments and can draw quite a few parallels. Long separations and sacrifice were the order of the day. The shortest overseas deployment was 6 months. When we served there was no internet. There was very limited communication with home. The food was adequate at the best. When we returned home there was no acclaim for what we had endured and certainly no big financial rewards. Still we had the brotherhood and if I had to do it all over again I would. 

I see the sacrifices these players are making and I hope they continue to do so because I want to see Ohio State achieve it’s goals. 

The message I want to send today in the only forum I have is to write this message and say, stay the course. There are service men and women out there every day enduring much worse than what you are going through. There is a bright future at the end of this struggle. Be thankful for where you are and that you have each other today and every day. Remember those that are less fortunate, especially our men and women serving and sacrificing so we have the freedom to enjoy the lives we are leading today.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 25 Comments