Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

What We Lost and Gained in 2022.

+8 HS
allinosu's picture
December 30, 2022 at 10:14am
9 Comments

Some losses mean more than others for sure but for me losing Queen Elizabeth, Bill Russell, Pele,Loretta Lynn, Vince Skully, and Franco Harry from my era makes me think of my mortality. I will probably miss Coach Leach the most. It was also a tough year for my wife and I with our small but loving rescue. We lost two dogs (Riley and Shorty) and one cat (Salem) to old age and our dog Molly to autoimmune. I also lost my favorite nephew to graduation and on to college so he won't have time to play XBOX with me. Not all is sad though because we found good homes for two dogs and three cats. Our clan rose recently by two with the addition of Dudley (mutt dropped at the pound) and Jordy(rat terrier abandoned at the vets office). Not all losses are bad as I lost 50 pounds this year and high numbers in my BP. I know a number of you posted the loss of a love pet on my continuing thread and I invite you to post a remembrance as well as anyone wanting to list a painful loss (like of a loved one)or a gain (like birth, marriage etc). In closing my wife and I wish you good fortune in going forward next year.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 9 Comments