Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Amazon Prime's The Boys Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers)

+5 HS
MiamiBuckeye's picture
October 5, 2020 at 1:12pm
65 Comments

**If you're not caught up or haven't seen this show and don't want anything spoiled, don't read any further.**

Wondering how many of you on 11W are following this show as well. I binged the first season a couple months ago and was very impressed with the quality of the writing as well as the amazing performances by the likes of Karl Urban (Billy Butcher), Anthony Starr (Homelander), and Erin Moriarty (Starlight). Season 2 has been just as good if not better than the first, and I've especially appreciated how even knowing what happens in the original comic still allows for some twists and surprises because of the faithful but independent way that the creators are adapting the source material. 

Anyway, the last episode ended with a (apologies for the pun) explosive cliffhanger, and it's put Butcher once more on a collision course with Homelander, although this time around I can't see any reason why Homelander won't kill him the first chance he gets. Queen Maeve is also likely unfortunately a goner as soon as Homelander and Stormfront find out she let Starlight escape and assaulted Black Noir (who is likely not an insane clone of Homelander, as he was in the original comic, though he does seem to be a loyalist to Mr. Edgar). That's a big shame because Maeve's story has been one of the most captivating for me this season, and she's probably the most sympathetic Supe outside of Starlight. 

Speaking of redeemed Supes, A-Train was always a conflicted character, who you could tell had a good heart (well, not anymore, lol) but was corrupted by his desire for fame and the pressure to be the fastest man alive. Now even as he seems on the verge of reclaiming his spot (sidenote--anyone else think Vought had Shockwave offed during the hearing scene so that they could quietly reinstate A-Train?) in the Seven, he's more conflicted and guilty than ever. All this aside, he can smell the Nazi on Stormfront, and he seems to understand that she's bad news. 

I'm really excited and concerned for the season finale, and I can't help but feel like a major character might get killed off. With how much they've been developing him and his relationship with Kimiko, I fear Frenchie might be the one to go. 

Anyway, what do you all think? How do you like the show? What are your expectations for the finale on Friday, and for season 3? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 65 Comments