Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Prep

+11 HS
Field General's picture
March 16, 2020 at 8:47pm
324 Comments

I have been having a large difference in opinion with immediate family recently concerning personal preparation for quarantine or worse. I attempted to tell family two weeks ago to stock up on water, non perishables, toilet paper, etc. so that they would have a reserve to last at least two weeks. They live in Ohio, I now live in Florida. I got a call today from my mother, asking if I could send toilet paper up to my sister and brother in law. They are rather wealthy, have two children, and recently went through the tornado in the Celina area. To me, they should have learned - prepare for the worst, but hope for the best. Of course, I still helped, but not without first being called selfish by another sister for having enough supploes saved up to last about a month. Maybe I'm in the wrong here - but I firmly believe this world is full of irrational people who make irrational decisions on a daily basis. Mass panic and buying of supplies is short-sighted, hysterical, and shows the irrational behavior I mentioned. But, that is just where I stand personally. So I must ask - have you prepped, stocked up, etc.? Is it right to stock up, while people take the easy and convenient way out by calling others selfish, because a shortage personally impacted them? Or, do you view someone who has prepped as selfish?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 324 Comments