Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Scott Van Pelt’s Tribute to Stuart Scott

+16 HS
Buckfrombirth's picture
December 5, 2019 at 1:30am
17 Comments

Full disclosure:  I lost my dad to cancer so maybe I’m more sensitive to the topic.  I almost never watch SportsCenter anymore.  It’s not that I believe in conspiracies; I just don’t like it nowadays.  

However, I happened to stay tuned to ESPN after the Bucks whipped UNC and watched SportsCenter.  Scott Van Pelt delivered an awesome and deeply personal tribute to Stuart Scott before he signed off, making sure that those of us who knew (and enjoyed) ESPN back in the day remembered that Stuart was more than a catchphrase and was always cooler than the other side of the pillow.  He made sure to highlight Stuart’s two daughters that he left behind, and called out “that bastard cancer” for all that it’s taken from so many of us.  It was all very well said. 

BOTTOM LINE?  Cancer sucks and the sports world lost a lot more than a funny sports anchor.  Most, if not all, of us have been touched by that piece-of-shit disease.  SVP did a really nice job of capturing the personal toll it takes on people.  Regardless of what I think of the GameDay crew (which isn’t much), I believe credit is due to ESPN and the V Foundation for their work.  I hope OSU/UNC helped generate even more awareness toward beating cancer.  

Go Bucks! 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 17 Comments