Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Rad Past Homecoming Floats

+5 HS
remraf_buckeye's picture
October 3, 2018 at 1:06am
1 Comment

As a recent graduate from our beloved school, and someone who is currently traveling the country for work, I am reminiscing about great memories of #FloatBuild.

I am taking this as an opportunity to show off one of my favorite parts of the fall for my undergraduate career. My student organization FARMHOUSE took a ridiculous amount of pride in designing and executing over the top Homecoming parade floats.

We have placed in the top two for every year for the past two decades (rah rah it means a lot to us lol). 

Anyway, I thought this would be a fun place to link some of the pneumatic pieces we have created! Many of our members were Agricultural Engineers which led to many moving pieces. Though our parade at the real OSU isn't as glamorous as the other OSU's pomp and circumstance, we take it as a point of pride to at least make something cool. I am going to link a couple.

2017 Homecoming versus Maryland Terps:

In this float, we stole from Mario by having Brutus kick a Terrapin shell into a shuddering Jim Harbaugh on a full football field. We especially liked this year because we added full generator powered speakers to blare the fight song which added a lot to the ambiance. 

2016 Homecoming versus Rutgers Scarlet Nights:

This year we stole from the classic sad Rutgers cannon guys meme to have a large Brutus kicking the Rutgers cannon to pieces.

---------------

Skip a few years due to poor lack of recording. (boo)

2013 Homecoming versus Iowa Hawkeyes:

A classic stadium design with Brutus kissing the old National Championship Crystal trophy. This year also showcases the best recording we have of our process.

2012 Homecoming versus Nebraska Cornhuskers:

In this year we paid Homage to our beloved sousaphone player "dotting the I".

I just thought some might find this entertaining as we prepare for Indiana! Go Bucks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 1 Comments