Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Lebron's School for at Risk Kids

+10 HS
another-navy-buckeye's picture
July 31, 2018 at 3:22pm
31 Comments

I have always had negative thoughts about the NBA and its players, well, pretty much since the mid-1990s at least. I still don't have the best thoughts, and quite frankly, don't care to watch it.  Yet over the past few years I've been watching Lebron more and more, both on and off the court. Mostly because of this website and because of his relationship with tOSU.

Today when I read about his partnership with Akron Schools to open a school for kids that are at-risk, my respect for this man grew that much more.  Instead of complaining about a bad situation and blaming others for it he simply found a way to help correct a problem.

"I want people to know that these kids should still have the same opportunity as everybody else. That’s what’s most important. Us as adults, we have a responsibility to not let these kids down, to continue to be the teachers, the mentors, the parents, the coaching, the life skills, the superheroes ... whatever it is that gives the inspiration, everything, that’s our responsibility. These kids are our future and they have dreams and aspirations bigger than the city of Akron, than the state of Ohio, than the USA."

No matter how you view things in life, I think those are good words to live by. Proud to be a Buckeye, through and through.

My two cents.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/7/30/17629560/lebron-james-i-promise-s...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 31 Comments