Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Plumbing Help

+2 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture
May 1, 2016 at 9:02pm
46 Comments

Hey all, wondering if I can get some advice on the plumbing. Been having issues over the past few days, and it is a NEW home. Here is the lay of the house:

Imagine looking at this house from street view, staring at the front door. 3 floors. Bottom floor = 1/2 bath in middle of the house, about 20 feet into the house in line with front door. Second floor has 2 full baths. One on the right side (Master) of the house, and the other on the left side of the house. Third Floor, full bath, slight off center to the left of the middle of the house.

So here is what is happening. The home is a new home, less than 9 months old. I bought it at the beginning of April, and I have a one (1) year warranty on the house. Issues that I have had, all within past week:

1) While running laundry, when the water is drained from Washer, the first floor toilet bubbles, like it is gasping for air, and the kitchen sink bubbles (kitchen sink is probably fifteen feet to the left of the toilet when looking from the front door, directly to the left)

2) When my wife takes a bath, and she drains the water, the toilet gasps for air and bubbles, and so does the sink on the first floor.

3) when I flush the master bath, the first floor toilet bubbles, and so does the sink.

4) when I flush the second floor spare bath (to the left side of the house, all the way left), only the sink bubbles and gasps for air.

5) at 8:00 this evening, the washer drained, and I started hearing the sink and first floor toilet bubbling getting louder, I got up from living room, and the toilet was filled with water about an inch from overflowing. I yelled 'Fu**, GET SOME TOWELS", and the toilet overflowed for about 30 seconds, then went WAY down on water level, and now the first floor toilet cannot maintain water level

6) randomly throughout the past hour, light bubbling from sink and first floor toilet

7) drinking a beer (or two) right now because I am pretty pissed.

Could this be a line issue distal to the house, like someone ran over a pipe by accident, crimped it, and since it is crimped, stuff can't pass and now it is backing up? I mean, the washer draining causes the toilet to flood? (Washer is directly above first floor toilet on the second floor, and is probably set back another ten feet).

Is there other information I need to give out to anyone on here to help understand it more? Any suggestions? I called the plumbing company and left a message, but I am taking this one to the Contractor since I am within the 1-year warrant (i have 11 months left). My house is on a slab, no basement. I imagine it would be pretty bad if the issue is directly under the house. Any help guys! Please! I am 27 and a first time home buyer, 1-month in and am pretty upset/'scared' at what could be.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 46 Comments