Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Nightmare Coworker Stories

0 HS
Buckeye0905's picture
November 4, 2015 at 10:03am
77 Comments

Hello All,
The midweek lull has set in while I'm waiting at the airport so I thought I would bring up the topic of nightmare coworkers. 
I work on a team mostly comprised of younger men and women and we operate great as a unit. There is a more tenured member of the company who shows up to work about twice a week. She has a large territory to cover and claims she's always traveling but in reality she's sitting at home doing God knows what. The few days she does show up at the account, she'll find any minute flaw, berate us, and then call our manager who lives in another state (it's a remote gig) to throw us under the bus and act as if the sky is falling. 
She is also terrible at following-up with accounts and will also berate you if try and pick up her slack because it makes her look bad in front of the end user.
This is a widespread issue as other members of the company and our counterparts also try to avoid her at all costs. We've tried everything to extinguish the situation but any requests seem to fall on def ears. She even gave a separate company out shipping account number which left us about $75k in the hole.
Sorry for the rant but I just felt the need to vent and see if you guys have any similar stories or suggestions on how you've dealt with these issues in the past. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 77 Comments