Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Thoughts From My First Trip to Columbus

0 HS
BrewinBuckFan's picture
October 19, 2015 at 4:50pm
15 Comments

A few thought from my first trip to The Shoe and Columbus in general:

• People couldn't be nicer, all throughout Columbus everyone all weekend was so nice I actually thought they were trying to take advantage of me at first
  • TBDBITL is in fact TBDBITL and it isn't even close.  Leaving your seat at half time during an Ohio State game would be a huge mistake.  Just wow.  I would fly out just to see the band again.
  • All of the players singing Carmen Ohio with the student section at the end of the game made the gf a little teary, I don't blame her.
  • One "fan" in our section was actively rooting for Cardale to fail the entire game, it was pathetic to see.  The other 108K at The Shoe were awesome.  
  • The national championship trophy does in fact look like a vagina in person
  • Baggage handler at CMH was wearing an *ichigan beanie - to nobody's surprise he dropped a couple bags off the belt when we arrived on Thursday.  I think he's related to the TTUN punter.
  • Went to a bar that used to be called Zigs, bouncers didn't feel the need to card me and none of the students knew the song "Regulators" when it came on and didn't understand why we didn't order $2 pitchers of Coors.  That made me miss college a little less
    • We definitely didn't look that young when we were in college
  • If you're going to the WHAC take the time to visit the Jack Nickalous muesem next door.  It might be the only place on earth with more trophies than the WHAC.
  • It is worth a visit to Ohio State's campus even on a non-football day.  Mirror Lake, the main quad area and Buckeye Grove are beyond awesome.
  • The student's really love this team and the team really loves the students.  This may sound obvious to everyone on the board but when you see other campuses you'll realize it is kind of rare.  
  • Nobody left the game early to beat traffic
  • Getting an uber or taxi after a game is like winning the lotto
  • Ray Ray's Hog Pit near campus is the truth - definitely eat there when you can
  • Destination Donuts at North Market are worthy of a special trip
  • The Blackout was very, very cool in person and it's easy to see how that would be intimidating to opposing teams
  • All weekend throughout town PSU fans were respectful guests and the Buckeye's were gracious hosts
  • Never book a 7AM flight the day after a night game

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 15 Comments