Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Charles Barkley is "turrible" (re: Adrian Peterson)

0 HS
ponder10's picture
November 20, 2014 at 12:26pm
57 Comments

First, let me say I do not believe Roger Goodell is handling this suspension correctly because I do not believe he should be the judge, jury, and executioner.

That being said I cannot understand how anyone can support hitting a child with their hand let alone a switch. Hitting a child is a parents way of saying "you've pissed me off and I don't know how to speak to a child so I am just going to take out my anger on you in a physical way."

What I don't understand is... hitting a woman is wrong, that's almost universally understood in the US... hitting a dog is wrong, also almost universally understood in the US... why is it that hitting a kid is accepted?

Anyone care to enlighten me? And dont say culture... because culture also allows for female circumcisions in Africa... for women not being allowed to be educated and attend school in part of the Middle East... for the Chinese to illegally finance and import body parts of endangered species like tiger and rhino... for the Japanese to hunt whale violating an international ban.

Culture is not an excuse.

(PS: How does Charles Barkley relate to all this? He was on Dan Patrick this morning saying people should be able to hit their kids.)

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 57 Comments