Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Tater Salad

0 HS
Mizzillion's picture
July 7, 2014 at 9:44am
19 Comments

This guy is a flippin' genius. He has raised over $8000 $10,000 and his goal was only $10. LMAO

Crowdfunding website Kickstarter has delivered plenty of notable gadgets during the course of its short life. Pebble and Oculus Rift are among those that immediately spring to mind.

A new project posted Thursday on Kickstarter tackles a very important topic: potato salad.

The Potato Salad project was started by Zack Danger Brown of Columbus, Ohio with a funding goal of $10. "Basically I'm just making potato salad," says Brown on the Kickstarter page. "I haven't decided what kind yet."

As of this morning, the project has 87 backers pledging $340, which means Brown has achieved his stretch goal of calling a chef to "get a better recipe." Brown promises if the project gets to $350, he will "make way more potato salad and probably do a third recipe."

UPDATE ON JULY 6, 9:17 a.m. ET: The project is now up to 659 backers and nearly $3,800. Brown says he will rent out a party hall "and invite the whole Internet to the potato salad party."

People who pledge $1 will have their name said out loud while the potato salad is made, says Brown, or you can spring for the $25 max package, which includes the following: "Receive a potato-salad themed hat along with a bite of the potato salad, a photo of me making the potato salad, a 'thank you' posted to our website and I will say your name out load while making the potato salad."

However, Brown says the project comes with one key risk. "It might not be that good. It's my first potato salad."

Source

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 19 Comments