Braxton Miller is good, but with Ohio State's two-game skid to end last year's season, people may have forgotten just how good he is, especially with the game on the line.
It turns out, he's led more game-winning touchdown drives than any quarterback in the country.
|6||Braxton Miller||Ohio State|
|4||Shane Carden||East Carolina|
|3||Brandon Connette||Duke/Fresno State|
Here's Urban Meyer on his young dynamo:
I think Braxton having the most game-winning drives reinforces what we have believed about this young man all along: that he is a fierce competitor and one of the most valuable players in the country.
Per a release from Ohio State, here's a walk down memory lane of Braxton's heroics:
- 2011 vs. No. 15 Wisconsin: Miller, a freshman in his fifth collegiate start, connected with Devin Smith on a 40-yard touchdown pass with 40 seconds left to play to give Ohio State a 33-29 victory.
- 2012 vs. California: Miller rallied the Buckeyes twice in the fourth quarter, hitting Jake Stoneburner with a touchdown pass when trailing, 21-20, and then producing the game winning score – a 72-yard strike to Smith with 3:26 left to play – to secure the 35-28 win.
- 2012 at Wisconsin: Miller rushed for 12 yards in overtime, including an eight-yard gain to set up a first-and-goal from the 2, in the 21-14 overtime victory.
- 2013 at No. 16 Northwestern: Trailing 30-27 inside of 10 minutes to play, Miller completed four-of-four passes for 64 yards to spark an eight-play, 81-yard drive for the winning touchdown in the Buckeyes’ 40-30 win.
- 2013 vs. Iowa: Miller finished off a 10-play, 75-yard drive for the game-deciding touchdown with just over 13 minutes to play and, on Ohio State’s next series, he led an 11-play, 64-yard drive for a field goal. The Buckeyes won, 34-24.
- 2013 at Michigan: Miller’s 32-yard rush on first down was the big play during a six-play, 65-yard scoring drive that put Ohio State in front of its rivals for good, 42-35, with just 2:20 left to play.
For my money, it's the 2011 drive against Wisconsin that will always be my favorite: