Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Samsung Galaxy S5 and Chrome

BTwrestle04's picture
August 20, 2014 at 10:16am
22 Comments

Anyone else have this phone and running Google Chrome on it for web browsing? I run this combination and the top header that has the top 3 stories will not let me scroll left or right. I can only access and see the first story because I can't scroll left or right.

Messed Up

dornstar's picture

I have a Note 3, but it's running the S5's software and using Chrome Beta, I can scroll right and left.

buckeyebowhunter's picture

I have the S4 and have the same problem.  

OSUStu's picture

I have been patiently waiting on this to get fixed since the new site launched. Same issue on Chrome or the regular Internet app.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

Woodysghost's picture

Currently using the S5 and I have the same problem. 

11UrbzAndSpices's picture

Moto X, Chrome, same problem

Does anyone know if BucksFan changed his icon?

+1 HS
Veraton's picture

Moto X and the same problem with Chrome.  Haven't tested other browsers yet.

Edit - Just downloaded Firefox and the scrolling works.  May be a temporary solution for those on Chrome until it's fixed.

sharks's picture

Scroll across doesn't work on either of my phones, I've just been conditioned to scroll down.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

MordenoftheSith's picture

Use a computer?

If you only knew the POWER of the Dark Side.

-5 HS
BTwrestle04's picture

Thanks for your contribution to this thread.

+2 HS
ASnaves's picture

S4 with chrome and same problem.  I emailed the staff about this a few months ago and they said they were working on a hot fix, but nothing yet.

niblick's picture

S5 chrome, same problem

Aesculus.'s picture

Yup, same problem, but this has nothing to do with Braxton so I really don't think we should be talking about it.

11/8/2014 @Michigan State aka Payback

+6 HS
clogan1032's picture

These first world problems are a killer

+2 HS
InTressITrust's picture

HTC One m8 and same problem

"I'm not going to lie. We're anxious to be a part of a matchup like that. It's two states that love the game of football." -Jim Tressel

ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

Using the Nokia Lumia 928 with IE and I can scroll the top 3 stories.

There are other browser apps you can download.  On my old Android phones, I used Opera a lot.

Class of 2010.

dornstar's picture

2 words...

CHROME BETA

The regular chrome app doesn't work, but the Beta version works perfectly. The beta version is typically better on most sites IMO.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chrome.beta&hl=en

BTwrestle04's picture

Solved the issue for me. Thanks!

What Would Troy Smith Do's picture

Good to know.  I will try Chrome Beta.  I have had the same problem on 2 phones, including the LG G3 I just got.