Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Ten Cent Beer Night+40

Hoody Wayes's picture
June 4, 2014 at 5:17pm
13 Comments
ISURVIVEDCOOPER's picture

ESPiN had Bob Golic doing a special story on the infamous Indians vs Rangers game with the 10c beer night... The best part was that they had two girls working the beer truck with a mob waiting for the beer and they just up and left... Of course the taps were opened and the golden love flowed endlessly with people practically bathing in it... Oh how glorious were those days of yore

"I don't apologize for anything.  When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

TheBadOwl's picture

In honor of the this, there's a campus bar doing 40c beers tonight during the Indian's game. I have to work tomorrow, so I'm limiting myself to $4 worth of beer tonight.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+1 HS
Remy's picture

In the name of everything holy, could you please provide us the name of the bar that is providing the beer for that price? I will ascend upon that heavenly place directly after dinner with my wife and kids. TheBadOwl, thanks ahead of time for the public service announcement.

10 Cent Beer Night

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." ~ Mitch Hedberg

Groveport Heisman's picture

Back in the late 90's there was a place on  High st. called Maxwell's that did quarter pitcher night. Had some hellacious moments in that place. Damn I miss the good old days.=/

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+2 HS
krodawg's picture

$5 buckets was hard to beat.

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Drank a few. Tossed a few. 

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Easy come --- Easy go

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Michigan game it was a tradition to throw them at kegs and eggs.  6AM ... drunk asses would show up in raincoats and plastic bags over them.  It started toning down as the years passed.  ND game 1995, I tossed a huge cup of beer on the dance floor at about 7 in the morning.  Cops threw me out.  I think I said to the cop, "We're supposed to throw beer".  I think he said "Not today".  They threw me out the front, and I walked back in the back door.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Too funny - sounds like something I would have liked to see. We constantly pissed off campus security until they chased us and they gave up but were so frustrated. They had no shot.

+1 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

Wow. I never knew about that.

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes
THE Ohio State University

AngryWoody's picture

You guys are making rioting sound so awesome. I'm gonna go start one now

Our Honor Defend!

+2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Fuckin Cleveland ...

RBuck's picture

...rocks.

"It's just another case of there you are". ~ Doc (1918-2012)