Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Evaluating Recruits

0 HS
BassDropper's picture
April 11, 2015 at 3:52am
31 Comments

How do you, as a fan, evaluate recruits? Do you watch film? If so, just the "highlights?" Take the word of an analyst? Go by how many stars a player has? I know the coaches and recruiting analyst watch as much film as possible (or at least they should, imo), but I don't think fans watch that much. 

The reason I bring this up, is because I saw a post about Jarrett Gaurantano possibly going to Tennessee, and an OSU fan going on about "I've preferred Wallace this whole time" bs. When he was asked why he preferred him over JG, he answered that Tristan Wallace "seems to have more momentum in moving up the rankings," which I feel is an awful way to determine if a prospect is good.

Me personally, I don't watch prospects highlight tapes. I tried too a few years back, then I realized every tape is pretty much the exact same. So this is my question, because Im truly curious, how do people on this board determine if a recruit is good or bad?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 31 Comments